Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The University of Washington

UW - aka one of my favorite places in all of the world. I cannot describe to you what exactly it is that I love, but I love everything. The old buildings, the lawns, the fountain, the art, the libraries, the vibe. I attended UW for an unfortunately short time before I left school and joined the rest of the working world.

Part of my leaving school was my inability to balance working 40+ hours a week and maintaining a full school load. Another part was that I had no unearthly idea what I wanted to be when I 'grew up' and I was floundering. The last part... it's a little trickier. See, the UW was the only school I EVER wanted to go to. The only school I applied to. I would drive there on the weekends with my best friend and we would dream about walking campus. When I actually DID IT, I think I may have been in sensory overload. I never had a chance to fully absorb myself in it. I was always rushing to class, to work, home to do homework, etc. And I miss it. If I stumble across something that requires a degree, or I can go back to school full time, I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

In the mean time, I visit occasionally. Like I did on Sunday! We were there for a couple of hours Sunday afternoon and had a great time. It was fun to visit campus with some people who had never been there. I got to see a few things from a fresh perspective. My focus was architecture. And because I've been on the campus a billion times, I tried to approach it from a different perspective - the details.

Here's what I came up with:

1 comment: